click click click

Monday, February 16, 2009

Recipe: Stir-fried Honey and Black Pepper Beef

I've been spending lots of time in the kitchen for the past two weeks. Last week, I got inspired by a book I saw in my office about Stir-fried food. So even late at night (on a workweek, take note hehe), my husband found me whipping up something in the kitchen. My first try at stir-fried food: Honey and Black Pepper Beef.

What you'll need:

Oil for cooking
500 grams beef, cut into strips
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 onion, sliced
300 grams snow peas
2 tbsps honey
2 tsps soy sauce
2 tbsps oyster sauce
A dash of black pepper, to taste

What you'll need to do:

There are three phases for this recipes:

(1) Cooking of Beef

Heat the wok until very hot, add 1 tbsp of oil. Stir-fry the beef in batches over high heat. Wait until beef becomes brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.

(2) Cooking of Vegetables

Reheat the wok, add 1 tbsp of oil. Stir-fry the onion, garlic and snow peas. Wait until snow peas softened (about 5-7 minutes). Remove from the wok and set aside.

(3) Cooking of Sauce

Pour in honey, soy sauce, oyster sauce and black pepper into the wok. Simmer medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Increase heat, then add in the beef and vegetables. Toss for 3-5 minutes.

Preparation and cooking time: 20-30 minutes; Serves 4.

Calories per serve: 335 calories.