click click click

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Style Musings: Uniqlo Pop Up Store in Sydney

Uniqlo (means Unique + Clothing), is one of my favourite Japanese clothing stores. We discovered Uniqlo when we travelled to Seoul a few years back but it's only last year that I paid attention to this store.

love Uniqlo because of their minimal and classic styles, the clothing material they use, reasonable prices & how their clothes cater to a particular season (Heattech for cold season & Airism for warm season). I also like their collaboration with different brands, artists and designers. 

Last month, Uniqlo finally opened their first store in Australia. The flagship store opened in Melbourne but Sydneysiders like me were somehow grateful because on the first day of operations, their online store when up and running as well. 

I ordered a denim dress and an Andy Warhol bag online on the Wednesday they opened and in two business days, my package arrived in Sydney. I'm impressed! 

Last week, Uniqlo Australia announced that there will be a pop up store in Sydney and they opened today. The pop up store is open from 3rd May to 30th September. 

 (last two images from Uniqlo Australia)

I've seen photos online and there was a queue to get in. I'm going to wait a while before I make my visit. I'm just happy now that for a few months, Sydneysiders will be able to avail of their winter clothes (we need them here in Sydney too!). According to news, a big Sydney store will open by end of 2014.