click click click

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Via Mare (Manila, Philippines)

AWCL visited Via Mare in April 2011.

There were so many things that I wanted to share when the Husband and I vacationed in the Philippines in 2011. We're about to go back to Manila again in a few weeks and I have this nagging feeling inside me to blog a few food and travel experiences we had then. So today, I went back to our 2011 photos and started resizing them. My fingers are aching from all the photos I processed. This week, I will be sharing snippets of our 2011 vacation.


I'll start with some of my favourites from Via Mare. Our family loves eating at Via Mare, specifically the one inside Landmark (Makati City). I can stay at Via Mare for hours and I wouldn't mind. Before we left Manila in 2011, we spent about 4 hours at Via Mare on our last weekend.  We started from lunch until meryenda. That's how comfortable we are eating at Via Mare and that's how much we loved their food.

I always order fresh Buko Juice upon arrival.
Via Mare (Manila, Philippines)
The Husband enjoys their Arroz ala Cubana which comes with a lot of banana slices.
Via Mare (Manila, Philippines)
My favourite rice dish is the one with Vigan Longganisa which always has a crunchiness.
Via Mare (Manila, Philippines)
We also enjoy their Adobo Flakes.
Via Mare (Manila, Philippines)
One of the best Arroz Caldo I've tasted. Whenever I'm feeling under the weather, I always order this.
Via Mare (Manila, Philippines)
We always partner the Arroz Caldo with a bowl of Tokwa't Baboy (fried tofu and pork). 
Via Mare (Manila, Philippines)
For dessert or afternoon tea, we enjoy their Puto Bumbong and Bibingka.
Via Mare (Manila, Philippines)
Via Mare (Manila, Philippines)
More food adventures in the Philippines in the coming days.