click click click

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Things I Love: Connoisseur's Murray River Salted Carmel

The popularity of Salted Caramel these days has renewed my love for Caramel. 

When McDonald's came up with a range of sundaes years ago, my favourite from the lot is the Caramel Sundae. Once the Husband made a mistake and ordered a Hot Fudge Sundae for me.  I made a little fuss and kept asking, "How can you not know my favourite when I've always ordered Caramel Sundae?" I'm laughing my heart out now as I remember how I can be petty at times just because of food. 

Another caramel treat I indulge in is the Yema candy. It's something we used to eat in the Philippines when we were kids but even as adults we can never seem to get enough of it. I sometimes get to eat Yema when I chance upon them in Filipino stores in our area.

It's not all the time that I get to eat anything with caramel. Nowadays, I mostly get my caramel fix from stores that sell Salted Caramel ice cream, gelato or macarons. For macarons, I always go to Via Del Corso for a piece or two. I found a gelato store at The Star named Messina which makes really good gelatos, including their Salted Caramel flavour. Since having their Salted Caramel gelato, I've always wished there'd be a tub of salted caramel ice cream in supermarkets so we can easily have them at home.

Finally, Connoisseur came out with different flavours recently, one of which is the Murray River Salted Caramel.
Things I Love: Connoisseur's Murray River Salted Carmel

The culinary genius behind Murray River Salted Caramel is pastry chef Darren Purchese of Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio (I hope to visit their shop in Melbourne soon). The ice cream is made of salt from the Murray River, one of Australia's famous rivers, delicious creamy caramel and lots of chocolate-coated hazelnuts. 
Things I Love: Connoisseur's Murray River Salted Carmel

This ice cream comes in 470ml tubs and I found them at Coles. I bought a tub on Saturday and went back to buy two more tubs on Sunday because it was just so good.
Things I Love: Connoisseur's Murray River Salted Carmel

I think this will now become a staple inside our fridge. :)