click click click

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Figaro Coffee, You Remind Me of the Good Things

Don't you just love waking up to great coffee?
_MG_1170


Thank God for friends who are generous enough to send care packages to me.  When my friends in Manila found out that my Mum's coming to Sydney, some of them thoughtfully sent me some stuff I love.  Thanks Hazel for sending one of my favourite coffees from the Philippines.  
_MG_1150


I love how the aroma of Barako Gold filled the air in our home the moment I took it out of the box, it was just wonderful.  Every cup I'm savouring gives me a clean, rich and flavourful taste.  
_MG_1152
_MG_1181


When I drink Figaro, I'm reminded of one of the best times of my life.

It reminds me of one of my dearest bestfriends, Teng.    We both share a passion for drinking coffee since we were young.  When we graduated from college and went our separate ways to follow our respective career paths, we thought we would see less of each other.  But coffee brought us together almost every week (sometimes even twice a week).  I worked in Makati and she worked in Mandaluyong so our meeting place was always in Ortigas area.  We had the best times of our lives meeting up after work usually for coffee at Figaro in Shangri-la Mall.  When we've had a bad day, we'd have a drink or two at a bar.  But always, it was at a Figaro where we'd meet and start our rendezvous and misadventures.  We loved Figaro not only for its coffee but because they offered delicious pastries and fairly decent dishes like pasta and sandwiches.  Other than have coffee, that's where we have dinner too.  

I miss those times and I miss Teng more.  I'm hoping one day we get to have our much-awaited coffee klatch  and make new memories again over a cup of our good 'ol Figaro.