click click click

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Two-week Mini Reunion

The last two weeks of March were all about family.  My Mum and my Aunt from America arrived in Sydney to spend time with my Grandma and their sisters.  I called it our clan's "mini-reunion".  For two weeks, my Mum, her mother and sisters were complete in one place.  I took a few days off from work and also had a break from blogging so I can focus on family.  I tagged along to anywhere they pleased so I can be with them. Compared to our reunions from the past, this one was somehow relaxed as my Mum and Aunt didn't really want to be anywhere but Sydney.  Our days were mostly spent shopping, dining and seeing friends.

I'm sharing a few highlights here because I want to remember the memorable two weeks I spent with them.  Such precious moments. 

One of the happiest places on earth: Arrival area of an airport.  My Mum and Aunt C arrived on the same day.  


Parties: Welcome lunch and dinner, My Grandma's birthday celebrations, my Aunt's going away dinner.
Two-week Mini ReunionTwo-week Mini Reunion
Two-week Mini Reunion
Two-week Mini Reunion


Foodtripping: Sydney Fish Market, Panarotti's, Fuel at The Star, Phoenix Parramatta, Red Spoon, Casa Asturiana, Chef's Gallery.
Two-week Mini Reunion
Two-week Mini Reunion
Two-week Mini Reunion
Two-week Mini Reunion
Two-week Mini Reunion
Two-week Mini Reunion
Two-week Mini Reunion
Two-week Mini Reunion


Husband and I hosted a BBQ dinner at my Aunt's place.
Two-week Mini Reunion


The days and nights we bonded over our love for theatre, Draw Something, hanging out at a club playing pokies or just chilling at a restaurant.

Skyped with family living overseas.
Two-week Mini Reunion
Talking to my niece Sophia


Like any reunions, it all comes to an end.  On Black Saturday, our Aunt from America left and even if we are used to things like this, even if we are used to living apart, goodbyes are always painful.


Nevertheless, we are truly grateful that our clan had a mini-reunion here in Sydney.  It brings me joy seeing my Mum happy in the company of her mother and sisters.  The good news is, my Mum is still here so I have a few more weeks to be with her.