click click click

Monday, February 27, 2012

Discovered Inspirations: Even Crazy Dreams Come True

Since Chuck ended, the Husband and I have been on the lookout for a new TV series worth watching.   This weekend, we were happy to discover SMASH, a TV series about what goes on in producing a theatre show in New York.

As theatre enthusiasts, we got interested with the storyline when we read about it online.   We got ourselves a copy of the first episode and towards the end, we were hooked.  We finished three episodes of the Season 1  in one day and we can't wait to see how the story will unfold.  At this early too, we are already loving the songs featured in the series.

If you like Glee and if you are a theatre enthusiast, I suggest you have a go at watching the first episode and see if you'd like SMASH too.


At the end of the third episode, one of the lead characters named Ivy Lynn (portrayed by Megan Hilty) sang an inspiring song that calls out to dreamers like me.  Read the lyrics below and if you have time, please play the video to hear the song.


Crazy Dreams 
(originally by Carrie Underwood)
Sung by Megan Hilty in SMASH


Hello you long-shots, you dark horse runners,
Hair brush singers, dash-board drummers,
Hello you wild magnolias, just waiting to bloom.
There's a little bit of all that inside of me and you,
Thank God even crazy dreams come true.

I've stood at the bottom of some walls I thought I couldn't climb.
I felt like Cinderella at the ball, just running out of time.
So I know how it feels to be afraid, and think that it's all gonna slip away
Hold on, Hold on.

Here's to you free souls, you fire-fly chasers.
Tree climbers, porch swingers, air guitar players.
Here's to you fearless dancers, shaking walls in your bedrooms
There's a lot of wonder left inside of me and you,
Thank God even crazy dreams come true

Never let a bad day be enough, to go and talk you into giving up.
Sometimes everybody feels like you, oh, feels like you, just like you, yeah.

I've met some go-getters, some difference makers.
Small town heros, and big chance takers.
I've met some young hearts with something to prove.
Oh yeah.

Here's to you long-shots, you dark horse runners
Hair brush singers, dash-board drummers
Here's to you wild magnolias, just waiting to bloom.
There's a little bit of all that inside of me and you.

Thank God even crazy dreams come true.
Thank God even crazy dreams come true, yeah.



Have a great week and may we all be inspired to dream the crazy dreams!