click click click

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Our Last 2 Weeks of Vaycay...

...were spent in the company of loved ones and of each other, having a good time, going back to places that we love and eating delicious Filipino food.

The moment we came back from Seoul, Korea, we were always on the go.  I owe this blog a lot of updates but the last two weeks of our vaycay were very hectic.  For now, let me start with a few photos of our last days in the Philippines.

22 April 2011. Lunch at Haze's place where we got to visit her lovely home and meet her beautiful family.  I was in awe of how happy and sweet Haze's family is.  We love them...and we love the delicious feast they served us--all Filipino favourites--Kangkong with lots of garlic, Laing, Ensaladang Mangga and Stuffed Bangus. 



last 2 weeks of vaycay


last 2 weeks of vaycay


23 April 2011.  My clan's reunion (mother side) at Lopez, Quezon.  It was the biggest family reunion I've ever attended.  Believe it or not, all the people on this photo below are related to me.  Some of them I know, most of them I don't, but it was great to be able to see them.



last 2 weeks of vaycay


When in the province of Quezon, I always make sure I bring home some Longganisang Lucban, one of the yummiest sausages in the Philippines.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


24 April 2011.  Easter Sunday celebrations with both our family.  To make Easter Sunday memorable for our family, we treated them to "KAOS", a theatrical show at Resorts World.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


last 2 weeks of vaycay

We had lunch at Crisostomo, one of my great Filipino restaurant finds at Newport Mall.  We stayed at Resorts World the whole day and as we were about to go home, we found out via twitter that our friend Curt was also there.  So we tweeted and texted and finally found him!  Such a happy coincidence that ended our beautiful Easter celebrations.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


25 April 2011.  Had coffee with my High School Friends at one of the newest (and still being completed) places in the metro, Centris Walk (located at Quezon Avenue, Quezon City). 

last 2 weeks of vaycay

Not everyone was able to join us but it was good that I was able to say goodbye to them before we left for Sydney.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


26-28 April 2011.  Strictly rest and relaxing at Boracay Island with the Husband.  All we did in Boracay was eat, sleep, walk and swim. 

last 2 weeks of vaycay


Beautiful Boracay sunset.  This was my view when I was having a massage by the shore.  The island has immensely changed but the beach is still a beauty.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


last 2 weeks of vaycay


28 April 2011.  Back from Boracay during lunchtime.  Just rested for a few hours and then off we went to Antipolo Church in the afternoon.  One of my devotions is visiting this church everytime I'm home for a visit.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


29 April 2011.  Our last Friday in Makati.  Our friend Vince invited us to have lunch at Circles, Makati Shangri-la.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


last 2 weeks of vaycay


Dinner was at Mesa (another favourite of mine), Greenbelt 5, with two of my gorgeous "Hanes" ("Hane" is my term of endearment to my friends).

last 2 weeks of vaycay


We tried the Boneless Crispy Pata and it was deliriously sinful.  I loved it!

last 2 weeks of vaycay


My friends Armi and Nessy are also my coffee buddies so a date with them will never be complete without coffee.  Nessy ordered the La Pinay Crepe at Cafe Breton and I loved it!  Truly Pinoy because it had ripe mangoes as fillings.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


30 April 2011.  Long lunch date with our friend Agnes at Via Mare.  From appetizer (Tokwa't Baboy and Arrocaldo) to mains (Vigan Longganisa, Arroz A la Cubana) to dessert (Bibingka), we caught up on what happened in our Korea trip and Agnes' future KL-SG trip. 

last 2 weeks of vaycay


last 2 weeks of vaycay


Dinner was at Max's near our place and it was solely to meet with one of my dearest Hanes from college, Beejay.  I missed and love this girl!!! We did a lot of reminiscing and catching up and of course lots of laughter to go with our kwentos.


last 2 weeks of vaycay
 
1 May 2011.  Trip down to memory lane.  We devoted the day to visiting our respective alma maters.  We visited where the Husband graduated from college, University of Santo Tomas (UST)

last 2 weeks of vaycay


The Husband felt proud that he was able to visit UST especially that it is celebrating its 400th year this year.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


After lunch, we visited my alma mater, St. Paul University Quezon City (formerly known as St Paul Quezon City).  It was a Sunday but I was grateful that the kind-hearted guards let me in.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


I felt very sentimental and a bit teary-eyed when I saw my school, especially when I saw this building (photo below).  It used to be where the Psychology Laboratory was located.  The Psych Lab was a witness to lots of happy and challenging times we (my classmates and I) faced during our college years.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


My Husband and I realized that it is never too late to be a part of each others' past.  We may never know how our lives were before we met, but sharing our memories during college years and bringing each other to places that meant a lot to us made up for that.

We ended the day by having dinner with my parents at Eastwood Mall.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


My parents treated us to huge and fat crabs at BluFish.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


2 May 2011.  Day-out with my Mom.  My Husband spent the day with his mom and brother while I spent the day with my Mom.  We hung out at Megamall: shopped, pigged out (Sbarro for lunch and Dads for Meryenda Buffet) and had some pampering.  This was us getting foot spas and our nails done.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


As usual, we ended the day at the mall with yummy dinner at Orchard Road. (Yes, that's me in my new hairdo!  I had a haircut after my pampering session).

last 2 weeks of vaycay


3 May 2011.  Farewell lunch with our family at Gerry's Grill.  We spent the whole day with them since it's our last full day in the Phils.  After lunch, we just hung out at Figaro (one of my favourite Filipino cafes) and had dessert.

last 2 weeks of vaycay


Dinner time, we were surprised by my mom's friends and my goddaughter at home.  They came by just to say goodbye to us.  How touching!

last 2 weeks of vaycay


It's not easy going back to these photographs right now.  My heart still aches from being away from my family, friends and the things I loved about the Philippines. However, going back to these photos also makes my heart warm and thankful.  Our vacation is truly wonderful and has left us with memories we will always cherish.  WE ARE GRATEFUL.

We want to thank EVERYONE who spent time with us, gave us thoughtful gifts and for just seeing us.  THANK YOU for making our Philippine vacation memorable.  Thank you for all the love.  We love you ALL.


Follow ibyang on Twitter